When the Valentine’s Fair comes to Leeds from the 14th to the 23rd of February, it will re-locate from Elland Road to Woodhouse Moor, more specifically, to the part of Woodhouse Moor nick-named “Cinder Moor.” Cinder Moor was levelled in 1884 to create a cricket pitch. It was used as such until 1953 when the council re-designated the area as a heliport, which was never built. The site was not restored to grass even though it was re-designated as green space in 1973. The council intends that visitors to the fair, should park their cars on neighbouring Monument Moor. Monument Moor was levelled in the late 19th century to create an outdoor gymnasium. The gymnasium’s swings gave the this part of Woodhouse Moor its former nickname, “Swing Moor.” The swings were removed during the war to make way for an air raid shelter. This was removed in 1950 when the site was being prepared for the visit the following year of the Festival of Britain Land Travelling Exhibition. Flower beds were created to ornament the Exhibition. The council promised to permanently maintain these flower beds, but failed to keep its promise. The still extant large area of tarmac dates from the time of the Exhibition, as do the tarmac paths. The site’s current nickname, “Monument Moor” comes from the statue to the former mayor H R Marsden. This statue used to be located at the top of Albion Street. It had been in storage for many years when it was relocated to Woodhouse Moor in 1952.