The council’s response to the petition
Cllr Kayleigh Brooks has reported the following:
- She has requested portaloos in the immediate short term.
- In the longer term LCC is costing up a refurb on the car park toilet block.
- Her view is that the block could be re-designed, internally, to reduce upkeep/staffing costs.
- Costing for both portaloos and the longer term staffing of toilet blocks will be sent to the universities to ask for contributions.
- If the universities refuse to contribute she will run a crowd funder.